On a recent flight, I had an engaging conversation with the CEO of a large global company. After broadly discussing the business environment and how he is leading his organization through the changes taking place globally, I asked him about some of the current issues and challenges that he is currently focused on. Among the top 3 mentioned were:
– technology is the business now, not just the enabler;
– bridging the skill gap required for his vision of the company; and
– pushing the team to learn to ask the right questions with customers, partners and suppliers.
It was the last one that caught my attention as I was intrigued by the behavioral issue he had raised, “Are we asking the right questions to learn and listen more, build collaborative solutions or are we just putting out there about what we know”? Read more
- carlmuller2014 on What do you do when things explode?
- Shantanu Baruah on What do you do when things explode?
- Optimum Health For Diabetics | AnjumsList on Software Led Healthcare
- It’s not just the data but what you can do with it that will define the winners. | ytd2525 on IoT – How will it change our lives & what opportunities will it drive?
- tabblack on It’s not just the data but what you can do with it that will define the winners.
- It’s not just the data but what you can do with it that will define the winners.. | Sandeep Kishore on IoT – How will it change our lives & what opportunities will it drive?
- Sander (@sander_vk) on IoT – How will it change our lives & what opportunities will it drive?
- Hemen Parekh on Let’s Raise the Aspirations in the New Year… Again
- Arun Sundar on The likely era of hyper-personalization
- Quand les big data participent de notre santé « Autres « Business-analytics-info.fr on The right dose of data: an opportunity to drive transformation in the medical devices industry
- #CWC15 ...Go India ... All the Best ... Yeh ... 3 days ago
- Was great to be here at Wharton….Outstanding group of amazing students… always impressed with the interactions and insights… #HCL #Wharton 3 days ago
- Honored and excited to be at Wharton today for a guest lecture …to share our perspective on Be Digital or Be Extinct !! #HCL #Wharton 4 days ago
- Even though we deal with several aspects that's in the book ... He has brought this together in a masterful and high impact manner .. 6 days ago
- My weekend read ... Awesome book by Ram Charan !! http://t.co/YCSaXJ16r0 6 days ago
- select few wth extended keyboards working on officeapps/significant majority of folks in th flight wth laptops r working on officeapps/email 2 weeks ago
- observation….. significant majority of folks in the flight with iPads are consuming contents / watching movies / playing games etc.. 2 weeks ago
In the Archives
Follow me on Twitter
Log in to WordPress