On a recent flight, I had an engaging conversation with the CEO of a large global company. After broadly discussing the business environment and how he is leading his organization through the changes taking place globally, I asked him about some of the current issues and challenges that he is currently focused on. Among the top 3 mentioned were:
– technology is the business now, not just the enabler;
– bridging the skill gap required for his vision of the company; and
– pushing the team to learn to ask the right questions with customers, partners and suppliers.
It was the last one that caught my attention as I was intrigued by the behavioral issue he had raised, “Are we asking the right questions to learn and listen more, build collaborative solutions or are we just putting out there about what we know”? Read more
- carlmuller2014 on What do you do when things explode?
- Shantanu Baruah on What do you do when things explode?
- Optimum Health For Diabetics | AnjumsList on Software Led Healthcare
- It’s not just the data but what you can do with it that will define the winners. | ytd2525 on IoT – How will it change our lives & what opportunities will it drive?
- tabblack on It’s not just the data but what you can do with it that will define the winners.
- It’s not just the data but what you can do with it that will define the winners.. | Sandeep Kishore on IoT – How will it change our lives & what opportunities will it drive?
- Sander (@sander_vk) on IoT – How will it change our lives & what opportunities will it drive?
- Hemen Parekh on Let’s Raise the Aspirations in the New Year… Again
- Arun Sundar on The likely era of hyper-personalization
- Quand les big data participent de notre santé « Autres « Business-analytics-info.fr on The right dose of data: an opportunity to drive transformation in the medical devices industry
- The iconic Gaslamp District signage at San Diego http://t.co/trhbClbJj0 1 day ago
- RT @simonsinek: We can rationalize anything and easily quit on ourselves. Leadership is refusing to quit on others. 1 day ago
- .......They all talked about working for larger cause ... Very interesting and strange coincidence ....(2/2) 1 day ago
- 3 people in 3 different continents that I talked with today in 3 different contexts ... All had one common theme (1/2) 1 day ago
- ... Stay different ... Stay weird ... And pass the message along when you are on this stage... Graham Moore .... #Oscars2015 4 days ago
- Awesome ....Great tribute by Lady Gaga .... Sound of Music ... #Oscar2015 4 days ago
- RT @EW: Not a dry eye in the house after that one. #Oscars http://t.co/hXAGc5js1m 4 days ago
In the Archives
Follow me on Twitter
Log in to WordPress